Friday, June 30, 2006

Ugliest Thing I Ever Saw!

What's wrong with this picture?

Sheriff Darren White ordered a new paint scheme for the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department’s marked units.

He said he wanted feedback on what the deputies thought. Here are two of the current Sheriff’s Traffic units. No, I’m not a deputy, only a resident. I am not an art critic, having dropped out of an art history class when I had a personal crisis.

But I’m going to borrow a quote from President Lyndon B. Johnson who said of his official portrait, painted by famous New Mexico artist Peter Hurd; “That’s the ugliest thing I ever saw!"

As police cars go, in my opinion, Johnson got it right.

White thinks that the California Zebra car is the epitome of police car styling.

It’s time for the Sheriff to head west.

Now it’s true that every Sheriff wants to leave his mark on the public. This one is best demonstrated by the yellow streak down the car. The public may view this as the big dog hiking his leg or misperceive it as a sign of cowardice.

For what its worth, I’m voting for keeping the classy blue and white over the butt ugly…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I like the photos in near proximity to each other for a comparison. The black & white w/ yellow scheme is much too busy and quite ugly, indeed. I think the BCSO shield is too attractive to be overwhelmed by such contrasting colors. I'm not an artist either, just a citizen that enjoys seeing the Bernalillo County deputies presenting a clean, professional look when they drive around.