Sunday, December 23, 2007

And Happy Holidays to you too Mario

What’s Wrong With This Picture?

Sometimes, I live in a cold world. It isn’t true, but I have never used a hot link to another site. Some of my younger blogging associates shrug and say, “Hey, it’s your site, do what you want.”

So, maybe it’s time for this old dog to learn a new trick. I am going to use a link.

It seems that the spirit of the Holidays has overcome some whom, at first thought, you might not expect. Mario Burgos, my favorite “wingnut” is just such a person. You’ve met him here before. He writes a blog under his name using the phrase, “Clear thinking and straight talk from the top of a mountain.” He’s not quite the person that he seems to be from his blog. I met him awhile back when he spoke on a panel about public relations. He comes off more relaxed and personable.

He is a buddy of Dennis Domrzalski who every once in a while has him on as a guest of the Sunday morning KOB TV talk show “Eye on New Mexico.”

He’s a partner in a company, Mudhouse advertising. Mudhouse has put out a holiday video project that will donate $1, up to $10,000 to Art Street and Albuquerque Healthcare for the Homeless, for each unique hit.

His history, according to him, includes being an actor and an educator. He has unsuccessfully run for political office as a state representative and for the seat as chairman of the Bernalillo County Republican Party.

So what’s wrong with this picture?



Not a thing!

I got an e-mail from another blogger who directly passed on a request from Burgos to link to his project.

Mario, you didn’t have to ask, I was already going to do it. I applaud your philanthropic efforts; I’ll try to help spend your full budget.

To my readers, I don’t try to tell you what to do; I try to inform. On this one, go view the video produced by Rebecca Elise Productions, Luis Molina and Half-Life Digital.

No comments: