Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thank You! Thank You Very Much!

What's wrong with this picture?

I missed Elvis’ 30th anniversary of his death, August 16, 1977, last week. He would have been 72.

I was never a big fan. I was at best ambivalent towards his music. It was never bad enough to change stations. However, after fulfilling an assignment that appeared in the Albuquerque News called “Elvis--Albuquerque--April 19, 1972,” I was no longer ambivalent; I wasn’t a wild screaming fan, I just appreciated him more. He was a hell of performer; his energy did not come across the radio, or even the television airwaves.

So what's wrong with this picture?

I just wanted to borrow Elvis’ line and say thank you to Hayley Shoemaker over at the Weekly Alibi for including this spot in his article, “50 Ways to Blog New Mexico.”
http://www.alibi.com/index.php?scn=feature&story=20047

“What’s Wrong with This Picture?,” Shoemaker wrote, “focuses mainly on local politics, keeping a lookout for any unfair treatment of New Mexicans and local business.”

Close enough, with the hundreds of thousands of websites on the internet, every little bit helps in getting readers to view one’s site.

So thank you Alibi; "Thank you very muuuch!"

No comments: